Sunday, January 31, 2010

Visit Unseen Madison web site. I need competition!


A friend and neighbor, Gordon Heingartner, created the Unseen Madison web site with Jeff Durbin. It's a great place to learn a little about the natural world that you pass by every day. Sometimes they have short interviews with local naturalists, historians, professors, or local activists like Dave Thompson. These are fun, bite-sized podcasts or written pieces that give you insight into why Madison looks the way it does.

But they've also been running quizzes, and they haven't been getting many entries. As a matter of fact, I've won the last two just because there weren't enough people responding! I put it on my RSS feed so I would know when they had new updates.

This is a great web site, and the answers are not too hard to find, if you do just a little research. Even if you don't want to enter the quizzes, drop by to find out about Unseen Madison.

And I'd like to see someone else win some of the cool stuff they are giving away.